Saturday, February 23, 2013

Why I Journal

Some of my journals


I have been Journaling off and on for as long as I can remember. I don't know why I started, but these are the reasons I continue;

Journaling provides stress and anxiety relief for me.  I always keep my journal in my purse, when I get stressed, nervous, or anxious I will pull it out and just start writing. When I am sad or otherwise having a hard time, I just start writing. When I am overwhelmed, or happy, I just start writing. (Pretty much, I write for any reason).

Journaling helps me remember things, I don't have the best memory of my youth, however because I kept a journal through some of it,  can look back and see what I was thinking and feeling. That kind of helps jog my memory.

I love that my journal never judges me. I can write the stupidest things, but to my journal, they are nothing but awesome. 

No one reads my journal but me (Unless I let someone, and thus far I haven't) That means I can write the most intimate of details in it if I should choose. I can write things that are only between God and I, my deepest, and possibly darkest secrets.

I have journals for different things. (Currently running 11! EEK!!!) 

None of my journals are perfect, they are me. My journals show my personal and spiritual growth, trials I have been through. They show happy memories, sad memories and everything in between.

Everyone has a story, you owe it to yourself to share it, whether it be a blog, a vlog or a journal!

Love and Hugs,
Sara

1 comment:

  1. I wish I was better at journaling. I've never been successful art keeping one, for more than a couple of weeks. -Kristen

    ReplyDelete